Yosemite Bathroom Guide
OK guys, I'm about to get real. Let's talk about the bathroom situation in Yosemite. It's bad, guys. It's real bad. The vast majority of bathrooms in the park are outhouses. You can always spot a local, because we come out of the outhouse in summertime and we're not holding our hands over our nose and mouth because of the smell. After 35 years, I'm now used to it. Most people aren't. They smell horrible and they're very unsanitary.
Be sure to bring these things to ensure your comfort:
- Toilet paper
- Baby wipes
- Liquid hand soap
- Bottles of water
- Nose plugs (Just kidding, nose plugs don't help)
For your convenience, I've compiled a list of places in Yosemite with flush bathrooms, based on my experience:
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel (The Ahwahnee) has the very best bathrooms. If you're driving through the valley doing wedding pictures, this is a perfect option because your dress will stay clean and there's good light to touch up makeup.
- Yosemite Valley Lodge is almost as nice as the Majestic Yosemite Hotel. Always clean and in good working order.
- Big Trees Lodge (Wawona Hotel) is an adorable antique hotel on the way up to the big trees and Glacier Point. Their lobby has a nice bathroom. *This hotel is under restoration and will be closed for the entirety of 2020
- Half Dome Village (Curry Village) has a building with a store, cafeteria, coffee shop, bar (oh yes!), and pizza stand. There are nice bathrooms inside next to the restaurant.
- Yosemite Village has basic bathrooms next to the store. If you're wearing a wedding dress, I don't recommend it because it's not very clean and the floor is usually wet and dirty from so much traffic.
- Mariposa Grove was just renovated, and now has brand new flush bathrooms!
To find more flush bathrooms in the park, Google "Lodges in Yosemite."