Yosemite Elopement: Bride + Groom with Sleeping Giant
Raven and Steven started the day in Mariposa Grove in Wawona. After their first look, we explored the grove, stopping at the most amazing landmarks, like this fallen sequoia tree's roots. Mariposa Grove has a lot to offer, whether you're doing wedding photos, or just hiking on your vacation.
- Open with shuttle service March through November, depending on weather conditions
- Free shuttle takes you to the grove from the visitor's center
- In the winter, you can hike in or cross-country ski
- Protected by President Lincoln in 1864
- Added to Yosemite National Park in 1906
- Restored in 2015-2017
- Home to over 500 mature giant sequoias
- Some trees in the grove were adult trees when Christ Jesus walked the earth
- Pets are not allowed on any trails inside the grove
- Horses are only allowed on the perimeter trail
- Flush bathrooms at each visitor's center
- Commercial bus access available
Location: Yosemite National Park, California.Keywords: Bride & Groom (408), Yosemite (402).